Sunday, March 20, 2016

ULTRA Series Fast-Lock Banana Plugs - Corrosion-Resistant 24K Gold-Plated Connectors & Crimping Teeth - 12 Pair Per Package - (Part# SPC-BP2-12 ): Electronics

Mediabridge ULTRA Series Fast-Lock Banana Plugs - Corrosion-Resistant 24K Gold-Plated Connectors & Crimping Teeth - 12 Pair Per Package 

Somehow I have never heard of this company until just last month. I was
putting together a new audio system, and picked up some 14 gauge wire
off Amazon made by Mediabridge. When I got it I flipped through the
brochure and found the company's statement regarding being dedicated to
quality at reasonable prices. I'll admit, I rolled my eyes thinking it
was just more marketing speak. But after using the cables (including
resistance and inductance measurements), I was impressed.

What I
was less impressed with were the big-name banana plugs I had bought to
terminate the cables. So, I figured I would try out the Mediabridge
version and see if the speaker cable was a quality fluke. I'm happy to
say I was not disappointed. Compared to the big-name banana plugs I got,
well, there really is no comparison. As with the cables, I measured
resistance/capacitance/inductance on the wires after having the banana
plugs installed, and also measured resistance directly at my speakers
and then with the Mediabridge banana plugs/wires connected, and am very
pleased with the results. This company is now on my go-to list for
quality products.

Included photo shows plugs while using
aforementioned 14 gauge wire. As you can see, they have plenty of space
left if you wanted to run bigger wiring. 



banana plugs

No comments:

Post a Comment